History Of PLANMalaysia@Pahang
State Planning Department of Town & Country Planning have been known as Town and Country Office ( Pejabat Perancang Bandar dan Kamping ). Established at 1 February 1959 and be placed at Secretariat Office that is Public Library Building ( Bangunan Perputakaan Awam at Bakar Road. Now, it was change to Merdeka Road, Kuantan Pahang.
Early establishment of Town and Country Office had been led by Mr. Fong Chek Sam started on 1 February 1959 till 12 May 1962 with 8 staff which consist of Technical Cadet ( Mr Vassu ), Technical Support that been borrowed from HQ ( Mrs Waton ), 4 staff Technician Assistent that is Mr Tan Hee Thong, Mr. Chong Pow Chong, Mr. Chong Huat Heng and Mr. Eng Gee Thuang. For administration staff, Mr. Kadir as Chief Clark, Mr. Amran also that replaced by Mr Abd Ghani b. Hj Mohd Ali. Later on, office had been transfered to Chinese Oversea Building at Jalan Teluk Sisek, Off Jalan Besar, Kuantan.
In 1962, Mr. Rosli B. Buyong have take over as Director and transfered to HQ in 1966. This responsible have take over by Mr. Victor Khoo Cheong Chew from 16 February 1966 till 1 Disember 1970. On that time department been removed to Tingkat 1, Blok B , Bangunan Kerajaan Wisma Negeri Pahang. He had resigned as Director to join DBKL as townplanner officer.
Mr. Ong Fong later on has been pointed as Director on 1 January 1971 until he been transfered to HQ on 25 February 1980. On 1st April 1980, Mr. Abd Mutalib bin Jelani later on been pointed as the new Director. On the same year, JPBD's office once again been transfered to Kompleks Teruntum, Kuantan.
In 1984, State Planning had been transfered from Kompleks Teruntum to Kompleks Tun Razak, Bandar Indera Mahkota until now. On the same year, Mr. Abd Mutalib had been transfered to HQ. The Director position had been replaced by Mr. Othman bin Awang on 1st January 1985 and he resigned at 16 Mac 1987.
Started on 15 August 1987, Mr. Zulkifli b. Ahmad as Director untuil he had been transfered to JPBD Kelantan on 31st August 1992. At 1st September 1992, Tuan Haji Zainul b. Hj Ayob had startes as Director until 1st August 2003. He had been promoted as Deputy Director General II, JPBD HQ. For his excellence on their service, HRMM have been pleased Darjah Indera Mahkota Pahang ( DIMP ) to his as YH. Dato; at 1997.
On 2003, Mrs Zainon bt Ahmad had been pointed as Director of JPBD Pahang and later on been pleased Darjah Kebesaran, Darjah Indera Mahkota (DIMP) BY HRMM on 2010. YH. Dato' Zainun had been retired on 4 Jun 2014.